Saturday, April 23, 2011

Weird.....

Yesterday in Biology we dissected a worm. Yes a worm, not very exciting but we are getting better organisms later. Anyways Mr. Glassford asked me if I would be like a T.A. for my class. That means you come in early with some other students and you learn how to dissect before anyone else. Then during your class period you get a small group of students and demonstrate how to dissect. So I did, after I demonstrated the students got into a  group of 2, I was walking around to make sure every one was doing ok.

I was walking around and Micah and Amanda were together. Micah wasn't pinning right so I was helped  him. I look over and Amanda and her face was super pale and it looked like she was about to faint. I asked her if she felt alright, she said she was light headed. I asked her if it was because of the worm. She said (pointing to her finger and pretending to slicing it) The kkkkk--nnnnn----iii---fff---eee( it took her like 30 seconds to say that) cutting through the worm's skin.....and then she just looked off into space. She looked like she was posed or something. It was really, really weird. So I helped Micah because he pretty much didn't have a partner. Yeah it was really weird experience.


So if anyone is going to dissect, make sure you don't mind dead things and knives!









2 comments:

  1. Poor Amanda Butler. She was my favorite classmate in Spanish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember dissecting worms. That was the worst one for me. Worse than the pig and the frog and whatever else we did. It was the most atrocious thing I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete