Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Hyperbole

In English we have been reading one of the worst books ever, Romeo and Juliet. I absolutely hate that book. I feel so depressed the whole time. If you are ever wanting to feel depression, cry your eyes out, want to kill yourself and never want to fall in love then read this book, it will suit you just fine.

In Romeo and Juliet there are a lot of "hyperbole's" those are when the characters make something way more dramatic than it should be. So our assignment was to make one. Brittney and I worked together and this is how it goes.......
 
I would rather, instead of going to Mountain View,
eat fresh throw up for the rest of my life,
put me in a concentration camp with Jews in a gas chamber;
be a victim of the Ku-Klux-Klan;
instead of listening to music;
listen to sharpened nails on a chalkboard,
have me handcuffed to Al Capone,
eat food out of a hobo's beard; lick a locker room floor,
be put in a room full of clowns; be buried alive,
walk on steaming hot coals; or put thrown into a ocean with hungry alligators
these things and more I would rather do
instead of going to Mountain View

2 comments:

  1. haha rachy i agree 100%! and you should ask kathryn if she'd ever want to go to san fransisco and then go to alcatraz to see where al capone use to live :) she wouldn't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahahaha this is really funny.
    and maren, maren, maren. you are correct, my friend. I will not go.

    ReplyDelete